This is the second cat blanket. I actually finished the knitting part of the blanket before I made the scarf, but I didn’t have the edging done. Mom graciously offered to sew the border on for me since she has a sewing machine. I really should look at getting one of those, but I generally just hand sew the few things I need to fix, but if I start making more blankets with borders, I might just have to get a sewing machine.
The yarn really makes this one. I love how it change color and has the great mixing effect between the blue and the black areas. I could not have done that on my own (not yet anyway) so the yarn is the start here. The stitch is a basic seed stitch – knit one, purl one – in every row with an odd number cast on. (I think I cast on 75 stitches.) There are some definite issues in places, some from my knitting and some from the yarn (it was very thin in some places and very thick in other places), but overall I love the blanket. My edges were weird, which is why I decided to add the border – it hides all manner of issues.
I also tried blocking this time, which was new for me. I think it helped the blanket hold it’s shape a little, and I know the edges seemed a little better after blocking than they did before.
But yay! Another knitting project complete.