There are only a few times when I get super excited about something I’ve made, be it a paper/project for school or work, a meal or a knitting project, but this was one of those times. After knitting Bob’s scarf and a cat blanket or two for home, I decided to make one for Keet – Ed & Erin’s cat. I wasn’t exactly sure what I was going to do, but I started with black yarn and a cat pattern in honor of Rosie – the cat they adopted at the same time I adopted the original three kittens. After thinking (and knitting) a bit, I decided to change up my original plan, and I think it came out pretty great.
Each of the four corners are grey paw prints, and all the other squares are a cat pattern. I knitted each column together so I only had to join the column together. Unfortunately, I miscalculated and knitted one middle square too large (added probably 2 rows), so I had to figure out how to separate it from the square above (remember they were knitted together), then remove the two rows and stitch it back together before joining it to the rest of the blanket. I’m not sure how I pulled it off, but I did and the result was pretty good.
I finished this a before Thanksgiving, but I wanted to wait to post it until I gave it to Ed and Erin (and Keet). It definitely kept me busy for a bit, but I like how it turned out and it gave me a little more confidence – so much so that I’m now knitting a blanket for the spare room. This may take a few months, but I’m pretty sure I can do it.